Intelligent Life

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Creating and Presenting: Student Example

CREATIVE PIECE


5/2/13 5pm

Dear diary, For the first time in life I’m confused! So, today at school, the new girl yelled in front of the whole class, “Hey, wog girl, how often do you have your legs?” Everyone was laughing and I just put my head down in shame. I just wanted to to burst into tears and run and hide. Worst day ever!!

6/2/13 4.30 pm

Dear diary, So, this has been on my mind all day, what’s really my identity? At school today I felt so different to everyone, I’ve never noticed but I see differences between me a my class mates everywhere there’s just a few of the differences skin colour, amount of hair on arms, food we eat.  I’m so confused. I don’t know my identity. HELP ME!

7/2/13 2pm

Dear diary, so, turns out the  other day wasn’t actually my worst day because today was much worse.  Today everyone was teasing me, even my best friends. I had to leave school early because I couldn’t handle it. I was always to be Italian now I just don’t know. Only good thing about today is that it’s the holidays. I can be free for two weeks J yay! I just cat figure out my identity now, being different has made everything so confusing.   

10/6/13 6 pm 

Dear diary, its been a few days since I’ve wrote to you, just been thinking a crying. The bullying has been worse. I’m getting facebook messages saying go back to your own country you dirty wog I don’t understand, I didn’t do anything, just because I’m different, I thought everyone was different, I guess not. I cat stop thinking about my identity, I just don’t know any more. But here’s some good news, me and my family are heading over to Italy for a week maybe it will help me, I hope.

13/6/13 5.30 pm

Dear diary, Italy’s amazing, I love it here. I look around; same skin colour, same foods I love to eat, same hair on arms ad same big bum. But there’s one big difference  here I can hardly speak the language or understand it. So, things are starting to become clearer but I’m still a bit confused. Life would have been a lot easier if I was born here. But the again, I would not be the same person I am today.

13/6/13 7.30 pm

Dear diary, OMG! Just remembered a book I had to  read last year about a Asian girl born in Australia, that was picked on for being different and that went to Hong Kong and felt like she really belonged there until she opened her mouth. That’s crazy, her story’s just like mine. Hmm… how did her story end? Oh that’s right, I remember, she said, “To this day I am to some extent confused… am I more Asian or Australian?” I hope I don’t end up like that. 

30/6/13 7 pm

Dear diary, It’s been a while but I’m glad to report finally worked it out. I get some of my identity from Australia and some from Italy. I don’t care that I’m different I’m happy I’m different. There must be so many people that are different that have this very same problem. But I wouldn’t change this experience, its helped me learn a few new things about myself. I am now proud and happy and no one can change that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment